Finally, your website is live! Congratulations!!!
So what’s next?
Your website was created as a platform to spread awareness of your company, win the confidence and trust of your target market, and perhaps even start some new business relationships.
Launching a website can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it’s important not to rest on your laurels after the launch. There are a number of things you should do to ensure that your website is successful in the long run. Here are five things you can do after your website launch to improve your chances of success:
Table of Contents
1. Tell everyone you know about your website
Now that your website is up and running, it’s time to spread the word and let everyone know about your new online presence. Here are some effective ways to spread the word about your website after the launch:
- Utilize social media – Social media platforms are a great way to reach a large audience quickly and easily. Share your website launch announcement on your social media profiles, and encourage your followers to check out your site. You can also use paid social media advertising to target specific demographics and drive traffic to your website.
- Email marketing – If you have an email list, send out a newsletter announcing your website launch. Be sure to include a call-to-action (CTA) encouraging recipients to visit your website.
- Collaborate with other websites – Reach out to other websites in your niche and ask if they would be interested in sharing your website launch news on their site. In exchange, you can offer to feature their website on your site as well.
- Attend industry events – If there are industry events or conferences related to your website’s niche, attend them and network with other attendees. Bring business cards or promotional materials that include your website URL, and use the opportunity to promote your website in person.
- Offer a promotion or incentive – To entice people to visit your website, consider offering a promotion or incentive for new visitors. This could be a discount code, a free trial, or exclusive content available only on your website.
2. Content Strategy and Content Marketing
As we all know, content is key if you want to excel online. The number one thing to do to engage returning or prospective visitors is content. You have to get a content strategy, planned in a way that visitors get engaged once they visit your website.
Learn about content marketing for free; a course offered by UCDAVIS, University of California.
Creating and distributing helpful content that incorporates keywords you want your website to rank for is known as content marketing. With content marketing on your website, you get to attract and engage your audience. This can help you convert visitors into customers.
In building a good content strategy in line with the mission and vision of your business, you have to take your time and answer the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- Where can you find them?
- What are they looking for?
- What value do you have to offer?
- Who are my competitors and what strategy are they applying?
3. Optimize your website for search engines
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a crucial part of any website’s success. By optimizing your website for search engines, you can improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs), which can drive more traffic to your site. Some key SEO tactics include keyword research, on-page optimization, and link building.
Plan your SEO strategy – Keyword Research
SEO strategy works together with content marketing. With keyword research, you get to strategize your content to help you rank better in search engines i.e Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and hence attract visitors to your website. Researching keywords for your content and SEO go hand in hand.
With keyword research, you get to know what people are searching for, the volume of the particular search, and even trends.
Learn about SEO and keyword research. Also, you can make use of a great tool like Ahrefs to help you in researching keywords.
4. Advertise your website online
Having done all the basic SEO required, content strategies, and keyword research, it is also important that you spend some money advertising your website through different means. The goal of running this ad is not only limited to gaining traffic but you could also run ads for different purposes. You can decide to go for either Google ads (pay-per-click) or Facebook ads; here you will need to create a Facebook page to be able to run ads on Facebook. To run ads on Instagram you also need a business account on Instagram.
Consider using online advertising methods such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads to promote your website. These platforms allow you to target specific demographics and interests, ensuring that your ad is seen by the right people.
5. Keep your Website Updated
Finally, it’s important to keep your website updated with fresh content and new features. Regularly adding new content to your website can help improve your website’s SEO and keep users coming back for more. Additionally, adding new features and functionality to your website can help improve the user experience and keep your website competitive.
If you’re using a CMS like WordPress you need to make sure your plugins and themes are always up to date so as to prevent your website from breaking. Also, the version of WordPress needs to be updated with the latest version so as to work with the newly updated version of the plugins used.
You can also decide to change the look of your website without altering your brand. You can hire a professional to maintain your website for you at an affordable price.
A website’s launch is a cause for celebration! The difficult work is finished!
Launching a website is just the first step in a long journey toward success. By telling people about your website, engaging in content strategy and marketing, optimizing your site for search engines, promoting your website online through various channels, and keeping your website updated, you can ensure that your website continues to perform well and meet your business goals.